Home Button  Buy Button 

Topic:   1994 HAAS VM3

By: ZachPosted on: Jul 20 2022 at 04:00:06 PM
When drip feeding, the machine runs the program completely fine, up until the very end at the M30; %. I get an error of faulty code, that makes the machine continuously run the spindle and never shut off. If I just load the same program into memory however, I do not get the same error. I would like to run drip feed before I leave for the night on longer programs, but since the spindle would run all night, at this point I cannot. Is there a simple solution to this problem, and if not, is there a possible coding solution? My email is zhodge@rollstock.com. Thank you

By: GuestPosted on: Jul 21 2022 at 05:37:17 AM
That is a strange one.

Can't you add a last command at the end of the program to park the spindle?

Some CNC machines use M5 as a spindle off command? or m25 spindle stop z retract

By: GuestPosted on: Jul 21 2022 at 05:38:48 AM
Although I just want to have said that you should fully test it before leaving it running all night just in case there's an error or computer comms error that could cause a tool crash

By: GuestPosted on: Jul 21 2022 at 05:44:33 AM
On some machines M30 is a tape rewind command. `so a command to the tape reader. Not a command to the CNC. When working from memory the CNC reaches the end of the program, sees no more so simply stops.

But when drip feeding an M30 could just mean that the the bar feeder feeds another work piece, the tape rewinds back to the start and starts over without stopping the spindle. Maybe, as previous poster mentioned, you need to programmatically stop and park the spindle.

and/or M2 to end the program rather than rewind

Reply - add a comment to this topic.

You may enter letters, numbers and standard punctuation only. HTML and other scripts/tags will be rejected.

Topic:- 1994 HAAS VM3

Enter the numbers.

Your name here is optional